Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Websites I Like….

As everyone undoubtedly knows you should arrange to take a look at what your credit report says about you periodically.  You probably also know that the government requires the various credit reporting agencies to allow you access to your report for free once a year.  The question then is how to make the request?  The easiest way is to use the website (https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action).  

What I like to do is to use the website 3 times a year, picking a different one of the 3 credit reporting agencies to request my free report from each time.  This way I spread my free views judiciously across the course of a whole year.  Of course if you’re contemplating a big purchase in a particular year you might want to get all the reports at once so you can make sure you’re in good shape before approaching the bank.