Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Armada

Book Jacket for: Armada : a novelArmada by Ernest Cline was a book that left me torn.  I enjoyed parts of it and it did keep me reading until the end but I kept getting pulled up by factual errors and its characters had very odd, and in my experience, unrealistic relationships.  The book centers on Zack Lightman, a high school senior with a dead father and a serious video game addiction.  Daydreaming in school one day Zack sees a UFO out the window.  This is not just any UFO it is the same as the ships he fights in his favorite game.  Things escalate quickly from there and soon humanity is engaged in a real all-out war with aliens in a scenario that is suspiciously like all the ones depicted in movies & games.  

So… if you like a good 80’s era cheesy movie plot and you can sit still for oddly unhuman, human relationships you might want to give this book a try.