Friday, October 9, 2015

Ms. Marvel: No Normal

Book Jacket for: Ms. Marvel. Vol. 1, No normalI’m not normally a fan of graphic novels but I picked this one up out of curiosity and found it quite appealing (Ms. Marvel, Vol 1, No Normal).  I would still rather read a description and build my own picture then look at a picture and read a few lines of dialog so this is not a book, or series, that I would ever buy but it was definitely worth reading so it is a series that I would check out of the library to read. 

This was the first of the series so we are introduced to Ms. Marvel aka the teenaged Kamala Khan.  We learn how she became Ms. Marvel and follow on her first adventures in the life of superhero-ing.  As an absolute non picture person I didn’t really look at the pictures so I can’t comment as to their quality and addition to the story but the story itself was engaging and reasonable interesting.  

I would definitely recommend this to those who like graphic novels and would even recommend it to non-graphic novel readers with a taste for interesting, non-traditional heroes.