Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Mammoth Book of Time Travel SF

Book Jacket for: The mammoth book of time travel SFIf you like tales of time travel and enjoy the short story format then you couldn’t ask for a better book then The Mammoth Book of Time Travel SF.  This book, edited by Mike Ashley, is full of excellent stories revolving around standard time travel tropes.  Included are works by such authors as Gregory Benford, Fritz Leiber, Robert Silverberg, Kage Baker (one of my favorite writers), Michael Swanwick, John Varley, and many more. 

This is a book I would definitely recommend.  I tend to like short story anthologies because you can always skip around in them and read the stories that appeal to you while ignoring or not reading what doesn’t appeal.  In this book, for example, I did not finish the Lake story “The Truth about Weena.” It just wasn’t my cup of tea but I did find more than one of the other stories in the book “unputdownable.”  Give it a try and see which stories will appeal to you.