Wednesday, November 20, 2013

In a Fix

Book Jacket for: In a fixIn a Fix by Linda Grimes is a book I definitely do NOT recommend.  The premise is interesting enough --- our main characters can read the auras of people and then sort of project them so that to outside observers they become the person they are projecting.  Our heroine has used this ability to create a business for herself where she becomes her client and solves their problems for them, a really weird version of life coaching where the client doesn’t really learn anything.   The real problem with the book is the characters.  The heroine is the most inane character I’ve run into in a long time.  She seems to take no action on her own, only reacts to the action of those around her.  The male characters are egoistical, domineering, do as I say types that would make me vow to never speak to another man in my life if I believed men were actually like that.  I put the book down without finishing it & suggest that you steer clear of it.