Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Beautifully Unique Sparkleponies

Book Jacket for: Beautifully unique sparkleponies : on myths, morons, free speech, football, and assorted absurditiesThe book Beautifully Unique Sparkleponies reads like a blog.  It is by Chris Kluwe who (self-reportedly) is a football player for the NFL.  I don’t follow sports AT ALL - & if I did football would be the last sport I followed - so I have not run into this man before.  The book itself consists of a number of essays on a variety of topics.  They vary from sports related, to social or political commentary, to memories of the author’s life.  Truthfully I expect the author has a blog and has just been convinced to publish his entries.  While it’s not a bad book, it is terribly repetitive.  The best bits are when the author lets his love of science fiction tropes show through & pens an essay on a modern topic from that perspective.