Monday, April 20, 2020

Let’s Make Something


Today’s project is all about recycling and is something any age person could do. You will need:

  • Colored sharpies.
  • A cleaned plastic food container. The one I’m using held a serving of instant rice. A cleaned yogurt container might fit the bill. Basically sturdy plastic with no product labeling on the sides.


Use your colored sharpies to draw decorative panels on the side of your container. Since I’m not very good at drawing I took the color block approach on my sample here (see image below). The sharpie ink did take a couple of minutes to set up. I discovered this by using the bottom of the container as a place to test ink color / setting. Because of this I was careful to keep from smearing my drawing until it had time to dry. Once dry, smearing ceased to be a problem.


Once you’ve decorated your container to your liking use it. I planted a couple of succulents in mine (see images above). You could also use it to corral small belongings for organizational purposes.